[ic] Newbie help - Filters - Update to 5.4 - Sign emails

Mark Halliday bmhtdev at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 04:36:07 EST 2006

On Sun Feb 5 13:59:51 EST 2006

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de wrote:

>If the filter for some reason is not detected by Interchange at
configuration
>time, Interchange leaves an error message in the catalog logfile.

A Ha - progress the catalog log file records: ".../process Unknown
filter pound2gbp"

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz wrote:
>you have a syntax error in the closing tag. Use the following instead:
>
>    [item-filter pound2gbp]£24.99[/item-filter]

Doh! - OK, the email code now reads [item-filter
pound2gbp][item-price][/item-filter]

But the output is still: £24.99
and the catalog log file records: ".../process pound2gbp Unknown
filter"

The file is located in /code/Filter/

-rw-r--r-- root root pound2gbp.filter

In an earlier email on Wed Nov 2 15:15:35 EST 2005 Kevin Walsh kevin at
cursor.biz wrote:

>Do you have any error.log messages that look something similar to the
>following?
>
>    Unknown filter 'encode_entities'
>
>If so then check Interchange's code/Filter directory to see if there's
>an "encode_entities.filter" file.

Snip...

>The above only applies to Interchange 5.3;  In Interchange 5.2, that
>filter is coded into the Vend::Interpolate module, rather than loaded
>from a Filter file.

This imples that I have to tell IC5.2 about the filter or am I
completely wrong?

MLH