[ic] Assistance Request

Simon Swegles simon at swegles.com
Wed Jan 11 12:13:30 EST 2006

I am fairly certain that this is the problem causing the error state:
"serv /cgi-bin/serv/index.html Runtime error: table tree connect failed
-- DBI connect('*****','*****',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL
server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at
/home/*****/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 581"

That error is in my catalog error.log.

The corresponding error from my Apache log is:
"[Wed Jan 11 01:47:25 2006] [error] [client ***.***.***.***] Premature
end of script headers: /home/*****/public_html/cgi-bin/serv"

It looks like the script is ending when it fails to connect to the DB.
So I went in and reinstalled the following PERL modules (as noted in an
archive thread):
DBI
DBD:mysql
MIME::Base64
Safe::Hole
SQL::Statement
URI::URL

Then I restarted HTTPD.
Then I restarted Interchange.
Remaining logged in, I checked to make certain the catalog was still
accessible (it was).
I logged off that user, and checked again. The catalog is no longer
accessible. Same error messages.