[ic] Assistance Request

Simon Swegles simon at swegles.com
Fri Jan 13 16:23:08 EST 2006

Gert van der Spoel wrote:

> Is it possible (or already tried) to logon as a different user than
> the interchange user and on the commandline connect to the database IC
> is supposed to be using to see if you can connect and access it?

I tested this. I am able to connect to the IC database as an alternate
user when the IC user is logged of SSH.

So to summarize:
The error state occurs only when the IC user is logged off SSH.
If the IC user is logged in to SSH the IC works normally.
IC remains running whether the IC user is logged on or not.
The DB is accessible on the commandline whether the IC user is logged on
or not.

I guess I could 'resolve' this by running IC in SCREEN and leaving the
IC user logged in. Not a very good solution, but I suspect it will work.