[ic] index.htm / index.html

Brian brianmac at brimac.com
Tue Jan 17 13:47:40 EST 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:22:57 +0100
"Eric Bont" <eric_bont at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My old site (html website) used index.htm. This site has a high google
> ranking using www.xxx.com/index.htm
>
> My new interchange site (same domainname other ip) use as startpage
> index.html instead of index.htm
>
> My problem is that all the (old) Google links are now dead links looking for
> .htm instead .html
>
> I made copy of pages/index.html to pages/index.htm but it still doesn't
> work. What else can I do?
>

> Thanks a lot for any help.
>
> Eric

If you have shell access you can make a link from the old index.htm to
the new index.html (assumes some kind of unix o.s.):

ln -s  index.html index.htm

--
Brian

Today's usually useless quote:
"Fill in the card clearly in the following languages:
Chinese, English, French and Spanish"
-departure card given to tourists leaving China