[ic] IC 4.8.9->5.2 upgrade snafus

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Wed Jan 25 15:19:38 EST 2006

Steve Graham wrote:
> Look in the /etc subdirectory - you can set this here (Dont forget to
> apply changes)
> order.number
> return.number
> rma.number
> username.counter  (You will need to reset this also)

These files, along with everything else in the filesystem part of the
catalog (all 4G of it - *after* cleaning up temp files), were copied
as-is via rsync from the live site to the new server.

Somehow, at least the order number got reset, so when the customer ran
some test orders through the new server, it mangled existig orders.

> I'm not too sure about the above errors, but I noticed many new database
> fields in the new catalog files. Some of these fields were also type
> cast different. I went through each file, and added these new fields to
> my existing database (mysql) structures - and now have a working catalog.

Ugh.  But if it needs to be done...

Do you have a list of the changes you made?

-kgd