[ic] mod_interchange and Apache MaxClients

Interchange interchange at budinsky.de
Wed Jan 25 15:37:28 EST 2006

Good evening,

we are suffering the same problem for 4 months now. We run ic (5.0.1 not
mod_interchange) on a Debian Server. Since we wrote a perl script to
kill(-9) all hanging processes, running as a cron-job(1 minute), we pushed
the problem aside, but our traffic started to grow in the last 2 months and
as a consequence of that our server gets stuck more often. So I decided to
visit the list.
We are able to reproduce the problem just by requesting ic pages very fast
(mouseclicking 10-15 times different catgories) and not waiting for any
response. Afterwards top shows hanging proesses (the more we click, the more
hung processes we get). This works even when theres not much traffic. Doing
the same on our backoffice (same server, but not ic) doesn't show this
behavior. Can anybody reproduce the problem the same way?

- mathias