[ic] taxes for new york and ITL in tax tables

Aaron Berg ir.gath at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 13:37:01 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to use ITL in the tax tables in place
of the tax value.  So far I haven't been able to make it work, either
because I'm doing it wrong or it's not possible.

I'm hoping that that taxes work a bit like shipping where you can use
a tag to return the correct value.

For those who don't know, New York taxes are a bit strange.  They are
based on counties and reporting areas, so every county has it's own
tax rate.  Some counties have cities within them that have their own
tax rate set.

What I would like to have happen is the standard tax lookup (multi)
and when it tries to read the tax value for New York it gets a usertag
which when executed returns the correct value for that county/city.

Can it work this way or am I on totally the wrong track?