[ic] Ups interface for Ups Online Tools

Daniel Davenport DDavenport at newagedigital.com
Tue Jul 18 11:11:21 EDT 2006

.... <<snippage>> ....

> Hi everyone,
>
> I found this post searching the archives for info on
> integrating the UPS
> OnLine Tools. The link no longer works and I'm wondering if
> this tarball
> is still available anywhere.

I clicked the link posted in the message, and downloaded the tarball
just fine.  Perhaps the server isn't always up, or was having problems
when you tried it.

> A client of mine is switching to UPS
> exclusively for their shipping, and I need to change from using the
> internal lookup method for their shipping rates to either
> Interchange's
> online lookup or the UPS Online Tools lookup.
>
> The UPS Online Tools would seem to be my best bet as my
> client is using
> Negotiated Rates rather than the standard rates. If I can get
> their site
> to lookup shipping rates directly from UPS with their account
> info, that
> seems like the smoothest way to have accurate info displayed
> for their
> customers.

I'm in the process of doing this for a customer, and have found
something you will need to know...UPS returns the published rates by
default, even for customers with special rates.  The service, however,
has the ability to look up the special rates.  If you want it to do so,
you'll probably need to talk to UPS and have them flip that switch on
their side.  According to the rep i'm dealing with, it can take 6-10
business days to set that up.

--
Daniel Davenport
New Age Digital