[ic] database/usertag/checkout issue

Aaron Berg ir.gath at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 19:18:49 EDT 2006

[snip]
> Replace:
>
>     my $db = database_exists_ref('foo') or die 'No foo for you';
>
> With:
>
>     $Tag->perl({ table => 'foo' });
>     my $db = $Db{foo} or die "I ain't gettin' on no plane - foo";
[snip]

Thanks Kevin,

I tried that and still had the same issue. Mike Heins was able to
point me in the right direction.  SalesTaxFunction is handled as a
calc tag, so any tag you call from it is subject to Safe.
Putting a line like 'NY  [gettaxrate]' into salestax.asc accomplishes
the same thing. The only gotcha with this method is that the tag must
return the tax amount, not the tax rate.  So something like "return
$tax * Vend::Interpolate::taxable_amount()" is required.