[ic] Detecting a secure page

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 11:33:33 EDT 2006

> >How can I detect whether or not the current page is https?  I've tried
> >[if session shost] and the [is_secure] UserTag specified here:
> >
> >http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-May/021454.html
> >
> >but both always act like the page is http whether it is or not.
>
> you might try this (untested):
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-October/028244.html
>
> -Steve

That was actually me in that thread.  I don't know why but none of the
following work for me to detect a secure page:

the above link's solution
[is-secure]
[env SERVER_PORT]
[if session shost]

I do use the Interchange::Link module and a non-standard IC catalog so
maybe that's why.  I could evaluate the first 5 characters on the
current URL to determine 'http:' or 'https'.  Does anyone know how to
do that in perl?

- Grant