[ic] Custom shipping help

David Bordas david.bordas at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jun 17 10:30:18 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to do something about shipping without finding any solution
for the moment.
Perhaps should i write a custom shipping method to help me ?

In fact, i've got 2 problems :

(1) apply an express shipping method to some special products (like
cheese, like this
http://www.testadaz.com/mic/scan/co=yes/sf=prod_group/se=Fromages/tf=category/va=categorie=Fromages/va=ss_categorie=/st=db.html)

(2) give a free shipping charge for all order enough expensive (more
than 150 Euros).

For the moment, i'm doing like this :

(1) For free shipping, i use a standard shipping by price, and give
shipping charge to 0.01 when subtotal is higher than 150 Euros.
This works well.

(2) For cheese, i use a standard shipping by weight, and put big weight
to all products under cheese category.
Extract of shipping.asc (-> is a tab):
Normal  -> Normal weight -> 0 -> 99999 -> 7-> {'PriceDivide' => "1",}
Normal  -> Normal weight -> 99999 -> 9999999 -> 0 -> {'PriceDivide' => "1",}
Express -> Express -> weight -> 0 -> 9999999 -> 20

So, normal orders can choose between "normal" and "express" and chesse
ones will be to "express" all the time.
This works.

But now i didn't know how to do (1) and (2) at the same time !!

Perhaps should i had an additional field called ship_express to the
products table.
And then use a usertag to force express shipping to all orders with
products mark with ship_express tag ?

Something quite similar to Moe
(http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-October/013671.html).
But i need to force a different shipping method, not to add some charges.

Did someone have an idea ?

Thanks
David