[ic] Upgraded to mysql 4.1.20 and now errors ?

David Bordas bordas at testadaz.com
Sat Jun 17 10:37:57 EDT 2006

Jim Toro a écrit :

> We have been running IC 5.4.0 and Mysql 4.0.2x for a long time and today
> we had to upgrade to mysql 4.1.20, we did the compile and install along
> with the latest DBI and DBD, everything seems to come up ok but when
> starting interchange we get these errrors:
> -------------------
>
> table 'merchandising' failed: table merchandising connect failed -- DBI
> connect('mydatashop:localhost:3306','mydatashop',...) failed: Access
> denied
> for user 'mydatashop'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 581
>

> table 'options' failed: table options connect failed -- Access denied
> for user
> 'mydatashop'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
>
> table 'area' failed: table area connect failed -- Access denied for user
> 'mydatashop'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
>
> table 'state' failed: table state connect failed -- Access denied for
> user
> 'mydatashop'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
>
> table 'cat' failed: table cat connect failed -- Access denied for user
> ''mydatashop'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
>
> table 'transactions' failed: table transactions connect failed --
> Access denied
> for user 'mydatashop'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
>
> (etc... for all tables in the database...)
>
> mydatashop config error: products not a database, cannot use as
> products file
> --------
> Interchange does come up but of course we cannot do anything with the
> database at this point.
>
> I put the "old-passwords" setting in the my.cnf in the [mysqld]
> section too. Did full reboots, etc..
>
> What am I missing ???? Does something else have to be done to the
> database
> when going from mysql 4.0 to 4.1 or is it a IC or Perl issue ?
>

> Thanks !!!!!
Did you try to connect to MySQL through the command line client ?
Like
 > mysql -u mydatashop -p mydatabase

Is this working ?

The old-passwords should produce different errors like 'Client does not
support authentication protocol'.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/old-client.html

For now i'm using MySQL 4.1.xx and IC 5.2.0 since a year and all is
running like a charm...
PS : i didn't put "old-passwords" under my /etc/my.cnf file...

--
David Bordas / Testadaz.com