[ic] Custom shipping help

David Bordas bordas at testadaz.com
Sun Jun 18 06:15:23 EDT 2006

Kevin Walsh a écrit :
> Set your country-specific shipping choices to "free_or_express" and
> "normal", and then set up your shipping.asc something like this
> (untested):
>
> free_or_express: Express yourself
>     crit    [subtotal noformat=1]
>     min     0
>     max     150
>     cost    >>express
>
>     min     150
>     max     9999999
>     cost    0.00
>     free    Free!
>
> express: Express yourself
>     crit    weight
>     min     0
>     max     9999999
>     cost    20
>
>     min     9999999
>     max     999999999999
>     cost    e Too much cheese, Grommit!
>
> normal: It's ok to be normal
>     crit    weight
>     min     0
>     max     99999
>     cost    7
>

> [...]
For shipping, i did a mistake, it's not exactly what i want.
My message was not clear, i beg you pardon for this.

I thought to something like this :
* Ordinary (light weight) orders would have a choice of Normal (7)
      or Express (20), depending upon the actual weight.

* Normal shipping will be free if the cost
      is greater than 150. (Express is never free)

* Cheese (heavy weight) orders would only offer Express (20)

I think i can do this with the same cascade method (not tested for the
moment)

free_or_normal: normal or free
    crit    weight
    min     0
    max     99999
    cost    >>normal

normal: It's ok to be normal
    crit    [subtotal noformat=1]
    min     0
    max     150
    cost    7

    min     150
    max     9999999
    cost    0.00
    free    Free!

express: Express yourself
    crit    weight
    min     0
    max     9999999
    cost    20

    min     9999999
    max     999999999999
    cost    e Too much cheese, Grommit!

For the moment, i've got something special.
I've forgot to say i'm using IC 5.2.0, so shipping.asc seems to have a
very different look.
It's a TAB delimited files, perhaps on old format ?

So i can use copy / paste your code to shipping.asc, but i should never
try to modify shipping with Admin UI or shipping.asc will be modified
and shipping process will stop working.

I think i'll a find a way to make the same thing with the old format...

Thanks Again.

--
David Bordas / Testadaz.com