[ic] search-region issue...

Gert van der Spoel ic at 3edge.com
Tue Mar 14 16:03:12 EST 2006

maillists writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a search detail page that doesn't seem to be working right. It is
> on a live production system. Here is the link that brings up the page:
>
> http://www.earthcat.org/cgi/earthcat/scan/fi=communities/se=201/sp=community_viewer.html
>
> As you can see, it's just a simple database lookup in a "communities"
> table, and there is only one record with code=201. The
> community_viewer.html page has a fairly simple [search-region].
>
> The interesting thing is that if you look at the top of the page, you
> can see the text "This community is no longer active. Use as example
> only." However the The field inactive is set to 0.
>
> This is the essence of the community_viewer.html page:
>
> [search-region]
> [search-list]
>
> [if explicit]
> [condition]
>   [item-data communities inactive] =~ '1';
> [/condition]
>   This community is no longer active. Use as example only.
> [/if]
>
> [/search-list]
> [/search-region]
>

> Why would it find the same community record (code=201) 2 times? and in
> the first loop, finds inactive to be 1?
>
> Thanks for any help!!
> Rick

Are you using GDBM or Mysql for your communities table?

I recall seeing an issue with GDBM and 1 search result - I switched to Mysql
before I had a chance to look into it further.

If you are always having just 1 search result on this page you might want to
look at the possibility of :
[fly-list code="[cgi code]"]
[/fly-list]

where code is in your URL  http://.... ?code=201