[ic] IC database questions

cyonkers at jpmc.com cyonkers at jpmc.com
Fri Mar 24 13:39:56 EST 2006

Hello,

I have several IC database questions, I hope they  don't seem too
rudimentary.

I have been using InterChange v5.2 with the  default database and have
relied heavily on the  "Admin Interface" for editing any of the data
tables.  Recently I installed v5.4 using MySQL  with the "foundation demo"
on a test server and  wanted to quickly edit the "Product Groups" and
"Categories".  However, in the Admin Interface >  Table Manager I no
longer see "area (Category  Groups/Placement)" and "cat (Categories)"
which is  where I had always made these edits.

What is the easiest way to edit/add/delete the  "Product Group" and
"Category" in v5.4 using  MySQL?

Additionally, I was wondering if there is any  existing info on converting
a store and it's  product data that was created using the "default
database" to MySQL?  If not would someone care to  provide an explaination
of the path-of-least- resistance to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,
Clement