[ic] undefined catalog

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Tue Mar 28 16:25:11 EST 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:11:23 -0600
Ryan Perry <rperry at madisonip.com> wrote:

> I'm getting:
>
> /test/index.html CGI mapping error: Undefined catalog: /test
>
> Could this be because I'm using Interchange::Link?  I believe I've
> set everything up correctly.
>
> http://server/test.cgi give me the "Interchange sever is
> unavaliable..." message.  Where could I be going wrong?

Hi Ryan,

My quick answer is that you gave too little information to allow
us help you here.

One general advice is, look in your interchange.cfg and see if there
is a catalog named "test" defined, and has /test as cgi or alias name

( Catalog test DIRECTORY CGI ALIAS ... )

I also think there could be a problem in naming the stuff. The script
must be named after the catalog, so if your catalog is named 'test',
then test.cgi is too much of a name.

Also, supposing that test.cgi would work, maybe it cannot connect to
the Unix socket (bad permissions), so you get the error that you do.

In any case, I'd advise installing Interchange again, and trying to create
just the basic demo catalog that works. Then, once there, you could
try playing with mod_perl, Interchange::Link or whatever, and you could
always revert to known-working state.

Someone else with more concrete Interchange::Link experience could step
up with a more specific advice, but this is what comes to my mind.

Rgds,
-doc