[ic] Still need help on setting encryption

Cliff Browning RCliff at tagalong.net
Tue Mar 28 20:09:28 EST 2006

I have read all I can find on setting up gnupg keys for credit cards but am
still unable to make it work.  I have attempted to upload the pubring and
also tried pasting the armor file in the pgp set up page. Some of you keep
telling me to point the GNUPGHOME environment variable to it (preferably in
the init/wrapper script for Interchange):  which is all well and good except
where do you find GNUPGHOME variable  or environment and where is the
init/wrapper.   Have put the path in variable Encryption, set the public key
in PGP_KEY but get with both I get an error  inappropriate ioctl for device.
Clear those and no error but no encryption either.    I just need some
information that a dumb novice can understand on setting up the gnupg public
key to work with Interchange Credit Card processing.  I set the pubring.gpg
in what I thought was the home directory but obviously I don't even know
where that is.  Before public_html , after public_html, in   /cart    or
/cgi-bin none seem to be where the program is looking.