[ic] Running Script as interchange user

JT Justman jt-lists at sirius.airdelights.com
Thu May 11 19:13:20 EDT 2006

Mark wrote:
> Interchange 5.4
> Apache 2
> Postgres
>
> I have a script to receive Paypal IPNs.  I want to run it as the interchange
> user.
>
> How would I go about this.  Ie where would it be placed on the file system
> and what url would be used to call it?

Hi, Mark!

You might find that it's easier to avoid re-inventing the wheel and keep
your scripts inside Interchange. You could use a regular page, or an
action map, or any number of other methods. Then you don't have to worry
so much about some CGI compromising your catalog.

If you _really_ wish to use an external script, an important question
is, what does it need to access? I can think of many ways to give
privileges to your script. For one, if you have installed apache/perl
with suid capabilities, you can make the script owned by the Interchange
user and set its SUID bit:

$ chmod 4655 myscript.cgi

Good luck,

JT

--
	|Waiting to fix the world since 1995|
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to