[ic] Search content of a PDF file

maillists lists at gmnet.net
Sun May 28 19:37:37 EDT 2006

Hi List,

I have a client who has about 150 pdf files, and each file contains
about 20 - 50 pages of text!

They want to have a search engine that can search the content of these
files, and display at least a link to the pdf files for download.

Is there a good way for IC to do this kind of search, or should I
integrate some other system for this into the IC site.

My first thought was to copy/paste all the content of each file into a
database. But I was wondering if there was a way to search inside the
content of the pdf file itself. Speed is not too much an issue.

Looking for guidance...

Thanks!
Rick