[ic] how to override commonadjust or have [discount] apply and not quantity pricing

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Wed Oct 4 21:50:03 EDT 2006

NOW Internet Manager <admin at now.org> wrote:
> I have set a global percentage discount for an affiliate using the discount
> tag if people go to a certain page as an affiliate, and using apache to
> control the login.
> The tag is:
> [discount ALL_ITEMS]$s * .75[/discount]
>
> It works fine, I've got the shopping cart displaying the discount, etc.
>
> The problem is that this discount is also applying to quantity discounts,
> which are set in the database and with commonadjust.  It is applying the
> 25% discount after the quantity discount is taken.
>
> Is there some way to change the commonadjust so that it works with this
> scheme, or just to turn it off on my landing page?
>
> The commonadjust in use is:
>
> pricing:q2,q5,q10,q25,q50,q75,q100:, :sale_price ;:price, ;$, ==:options
>
> I'm using 5.2.
>
> I appreciate your help.  I've been looking at all of the mailing lists and
> documentation, but can't find an answer to this.

If I understand you correctly, you don't want your discount to apply
only if the quantity is > 1.  If that is correct then perhaps you
could try something like this:

    [discount ALL_ITEMS] $q > 1 ? $s : $s * 0.75 [/discount]

See this page for more examples:

    http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/tags/discount.html

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz