[ic] Bug in PostgreSQL support

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Oct 18 07:09:35 EDT 2006

Quoting SeattleServer.com (lists at seattleserver.com):
> PostgreSQL is not broken like MySQL.  Thus, this is incorrect in
> lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm:
>
>         ALTER_CHANGE => {
>                 mysql => 'ALTER TABLE _TABLE_ CHANGE COLUMN _COLUMN_ _COLUMN_
> _DEF_',
>                 Pg => 'ALTER TABLE _TABLE_ CHANGE COLUMN _COLUMN_ _COLUMN_
> _DEF_',
>         },
>
> I'm guessing this is correct based on what CHANGE COLUMN does in MySQL:
>
>         ALTER_CHANGE => {
>                 mysql => 'ALTER TABLE _TABLE_ CHANGE COLUMN _COLUMN_ _COLUMN_
> _DEF_',
>                 Pg => 'ALTER TABLE _TABLE_ ALTER COLUMN _COLUMN_ TYPE TO
> _DEF_',
>         },

I will have to take your word for it, but I assume you are correct.

To this point, we have been saved by the fact that we don't actually
*use* this anywhere in Interchange. 8-) I think I put it in to anticipate
dynamic column type changes, but we never got there.

--
Mike Heins

In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence
is simplicity. -- Longfellow