[ic] Upgrade 5.0 -> 5.5 via cvs resulted broken catalogs

Daniel Davenport DDavenport at newagedigital.com
Thu Oct 26 19:33:42 EDT 2006

Anything you can do from the UI, and more, can be done from a shell
prompt.

Edit $CATROOT/products/variable.txt to change your variables.  Mind the
tabs; don't delete any.
su -c "$ICROOT/bin/interchange --restart" $ICUSER to restart IC.

where $CATROOT is your catalog directory, and $ICROOT where IC itself
lives.
$ICUSER is the user ic runs as ("interch", for many people).

<snip>
>           'SERVER_SOFTWARE' => 'Apache/1.3.37 (Unix)
<snip>

I so wish people would go ahead and upgrade to apache 2 already.  I
mean, it's only been around for 4+ years...

--
Daniel Davenport
New Age Digital