[ic] Rewrite Rule conflicts with server config

Daniel Davenport DDavenport at newagedigital.com
Thu Oct 26 19:49:59 EDT 2006

If you have access to the httpd.conf for your site, i'd recommend
changing it there.  Rewrites in .htaccess files are slow, and sometimes
surprising in what they rewrite (or don't, in your case...).

Only bother with .htaccess files if you absolutely have to.  And in most
cases, you don't.  Anything you can do in an .htaccess file, you can do
in httpd.conf.  Besides putting all your settings in one place (or,
really, because of it), things will be faster (only one set of stuff to
read in, and that's done at startup) and more secure too (don't have to
worry about some bad script showing off the contents of your .htaccess
files).  That's like 3 tips for the price of one.

--
Daniel Davenport
New Age Digital