[ic] Authorize.net online checks

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Wed Sep 6 17:31:43 EDT 2006

On 09/06/2006 07:22 AM, Joshua Lavin wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Anybody accepting e-checks with Authorize.net?

Not that I know of.  I've done it with NetBilling, though and the
concept is pretty much the same.

> The payment module does
> not appear to support this,

Actually it does if you have a version of IC that is new enough.  Mike
added online check support to the AuthorizeNet.pm module just over two
years ago.

If you have at least Interchange version 5.4.0 you should be able to
turn on the CHECK_ACCEPTED variable and it should "just work".

If you have an older version you'll need to download the newer version
of AuthorizeNet.pm plus make a few tweaks to your checkout pages for it
to work.

> but it seems that I could use
> Business:OnlinePayment with their Authorize.net module and get support
> for checks.

This won't work, because the Interchange wrapper
BusinessOnlinePayment.pm does not support online checks, it is hard
coded for credit card.

Peter