[ic] Form Value Submit Problem

Postfix User postfixjob at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 08:46:48 EDT 2006

Hi,

Using Interchange 5.4.0 on CentOS.

I have a weird form submit problem that I cant track down... Maybe
someone can help.

I have written a custom user tag to calculate shipping for a specific
saved cart at checkout, allowing a user to select different shipping
methods for different carts.

<FORM ACTION="[process secure=1]" METHOD="POST">
<input type=hidden NAME=mv_doit       value=refresh>
<input type=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage   value="ord/checkout">
<input type=hidden name=mv_check      value="Save_database">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_order_profile" VALUE="credit_card">

[loop list="abc xyz"]
  Select Shipping Method:
  <SELECT NAME="[loop-code]_ship" onChange="checkout.submit()" SIZE="1">
    [ship_order_cost cart="[loop-code]"]
  </SELECT>
[/loop]
</FORM>

The [ship_order_cost] global UserTag that I have written is functional
as it correctly generates the shipping cost for each cart and
populates the select menu with the proper data.

The problem that I am having is that when this generates the actual
HTML, it allows me to submit both of the select menus, however, only
the first select menu (abc_ship) saves.  The second menu (xyz_ship)
does not save or update its value in the users session.

Accordingly, I did a [dump values] to see if there is even an entry
for xyz_ship saved to the session and there is not.

Does anyone have any pointers to assist with why it is saving one but
not the others information?

Thanks!