[ic] problems with search engine via db

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Fri Sep 8 19:33:57 EDT 2006

Marko Kuzio <marko.kuzio at kochan.de> wrote:
>  [search-region prefix=my]
>   [search-list]
>   SKU:   [my-artikel_nr]
>   Title: [my-data gbd_artikel bezeichnung]
>    [/search-list]
>   [/search-region]

The only thing that leaps out at me is your call to [my-artikel_nr].
Did you define your own UserTag for that, or did you mean to use
something like [my-data artikel_nr]?

Either way, that shouldn't cause an internal server error, so the
problem is probably elsewhere.

> the ic error log is empty.

Which error.log file did you check.  There are two; one global error.log
file for the Interchange instance, and one local error.log file for each
Interchange-driven website.  Did you check both the local and the global
error.log files?

> Database    userdb  userdb.pgsql    TAB
> Database    transactions    transactions.pgsql  TAB
> Database    products      artikel.txt   TAB
> Database    gbd_artikel  artikel.pgsql  TAB
> Replace ProductFiles
> ProductFiles    gbd_artikel

The above looks incomplete.  See this page for a few examples:

    http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/Database_reference_guide.html#Examples

Also check the Standard demo's "dbconf/pgsql" directory for examples
and perhaps consider "including" dbconf files instead of cluttering
up the catalog.cfg file.

I'm not sure why you're using "Replace" in the above, and, if it's
required, why you're not supplying a new value to the directive.
For instance:

    Replace  ProduuctFiles  gbd_artikel

You don't appear to be using the "products" table, so you don't need
to declare it at all - unless you have some other use for it that's
not apparent from the above.

Good luck tracking the problem.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz