[ic] Remote Database Connection Follow-up - Query Going Local in Certain Scripts

JT Justman jt at signless.com
Sat Sep 9 20:27:38 EDT 2006

Andrew Baltino wrote:

> In certain parts of the log_transaction script the query tag is
> attempting reference the local database!  In other parts of the script
> it gives me this error:
>

> 192.168.100.31 V5BfHpCv:192.168.100.31 - [07/September/2006:23:27:07
> -0400] store_devel /cgi-bin/store_devel/process.html ERRORS on ORDER
> L000003028:
>> Error during creation of order routing log:
>> Route log failed. at /home/store/interchange/lib/Vend/Order.pm line 1577.
>>

> Any suggestions?  I put the code in a usertag and received the same error.
>
> I am running Interchange 4.8.5.
>
> Could I write a PERLscript that excepts arguments that I would pass to
> an SQL query and call this PERL script from IC?

Hi, Andy!

I think it would be helpful if you clarified - how do you know that the
query is happening on the local table? Does a table by that name exist
in both local and remote databases? Are you seeing other errors? Can you
post the code you are using for this query?

As to running the query in a Perl script, the best way to do this in IC
is to turn that script into a usertag, which it seems you have tried. We
just need to figure out what's really happening with the database
connection/query.

JT