[ic] Tax Exempt

Steve Graham icdev at mrlock.com
Tue Sep 19 18:04:26 EDT 2006

>There are ways to do what you need without hacking the core.  For
>instance, you could [assign] a zero salestax value when you find that
>a user is logged and has the tax_exempt preference scratch set true.
>
>Having said that, a "standard" (in-core) facility might be a useful
>feature.  I can see it being used on new ecommerce-based websites that
>find that they need to deal with international orders between countries
>that use the VAT system (UK and Europe).

I can put:
[tmp taxexempt]
[data table=userdb column=tax_exempt key="[data session username]"]
[/tmp]
[if scratch taxexempt][assign salestax=0][/if]
into my finalize checkout page, but personally it would be much
cleaner to put a check in the salestax core utility, and add a new
field to the userdb database for each customer.

Thanks,
Steve