[ic] Tax Exempt

Steve Graham icdev at mrlock.com
Fri Sep 22 08:51:21 EDT 2006

>In Ohio the tax is (although technically this has been delayed) based on
>ship-to zip code. So I:
>
>added a field to userdb table called tax_exempt, a single character
>field default of 0, and enable of 1.
>
>in catalog.cfg I added
>SalesTax        tax_exempt  __TAXFIELD__
>
>in the salestax.asc file I have
>default 0.0
>1       0.0
>OH      .0675
>43001   0.07
>43002   0.0675
>43003   0.0725
>43004   0.0675
>43005   0.07
>43006   0.07
>43007   0.07
>43008   0.07
>43009   0.075
>43010   0.07
>43011   0.07
>...[snip the rest]
>
>And this also behaves as expected.
>

>DB

Ugh.... I foresee our tables expanding in the future as well..... :(,
but at least IC gives us an unbelievable amount of flexibility.

I also, modified the following in /ord/finalize.html, so when the
customer is logged in, and the tax exempt flag is set, they will be
able to see they are exempt.

[if type=data term="userdb::tax_exempt::[data session username]"]
(exempt)[/if][L]Sales Tax[/L]:</TD>

-Steve