[ic] FCKeditor file browser feature

Randy Moore ramoore at axion-it.com
Fri Sep 29 01:09:47 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've made some progress getting the FCKeditor file browser feature to
work with IC.  My solution so far requires some minor mods to the
HTMLarea widget and adds a new global action map.

If you'd like to try it out, you can get the files at:
ftp://www.axion-it.com/pub/fck_connector.tar.gz

Here is what it contains:
# tar -tzvf fck_connector.tar.gz
-rw-r--r-- root/root      7278 2006-09-29 00:24:32
code/Widget/htmlarea.widget
-rw-r--r-- root/root     14549 2006-09-29 00:25:35
code/ActionMap/fck_connector.am

So, backup your htmlarea.widget file, open this in your top level
Interchange install directory, and restart IC.

There are several new Interchange Variables that modify the behaviour of
the connector, but the defaults should work reasonably well.
Be sure that HTMLAREA_FLAVOUR  is set to "fckeditor" and that you have
FCKeditor installed (of course).

See the top of fck_connector.am for the variables that map the file
browsers resource types to paths in your site.

For the HTMLarea widget, I added the Variable HTMLAREA_HEIGHT which sets
the height in pixels of the text area.  This *only* works for the FCKeditor.

This does not include the patch to allow editing more than one field at
a time with FCKeditor.  But it doesn't look like it would be a problem
to merge these different versions.

One part that is not working yet is File Uploads through the file
browser.  When a file is uploaded, a Post request is sent to the server,
but several control variables are sent in the URL (as if the requests
was a GET),  IC does not seem to see these URL parameters for a POST
request.

Any suggestions for a clean way to get these in the Action Map?

Enjoy and let me know if you have comments or suggestions.