[ic] Interchange RTFM search plugin for Mozilla Firefox

Aaron Berg ir.gath at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 12:15:46 EDT 2007

On 4/19/07, mail <lists at gmnet.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 14:39 +0100, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> > Just to help you lot out a bit, I've created a search plugin for
> > Mozilla-based browsers (such as Firefox).  You can use this to search
> > the Interchange RTFM website from your browser's search box, without
> > having to go to all of the effort of visiting the website first.
> >
> > The plugin and Installation instructions can be found here:
> >
> >     http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/news/6.html
> >
> > have fun.
> >

> All right!
> I will make use of this for sure. I have been meaning to learn about
> this type of thing.
>
> Thanks
> Rick

Thanks Kevin, that's very useful.

I've tossed together a quick one for icdevgroup based on what I
learned from yours.  Tested only in firefox.

Save this as icdev_search.html:
<head>

<title>Add icdevgroup search </title>
<link
	rel="search"
	type="application/opensearchdescription+xml"
	href="./icdev_search.xml"
	title="ICDevgroup website website">
</head>
Should be able to add it

Then save this as 'icdev_search.xml' in the same directory:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<OpenSearchDescription xmlns="http://a9.com/-/spec/opensearch/1.1/"
                       xmlns:moz="http://www.mozilla.org/2006/browser/search/">
	<ShortName>icdevgroup.org search</ShortName>

	<Description>
		Search the Interchange documentation at www.icdevgroup.org
	</Description>

	<Url type="text/html" method="POST"
template="http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/Swish">
		<Param name="search_mailinglists" value="1"/>
		<Param name="mv_searchspec" value="{searchTerms}"/>
	</Url>
	<Image width="16" height="16">http://www.icdevgroup.org/favicon.ico</Image>
	<InputEncoding>UTF-8</InputEncoding>

</OpenSearchDescription>

Open the page in your browser and see the option to add an icdevgroup
search as an option when choosing which search engine you want.

Hope this is useful to others.

-Aaron