[ic] Pages not rendering CSS

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Tue Apr 24 20:09:20 EDT 2007

wljone00 at kenetek.com wrote:
> I just completed an installation of Interchange 5.4.2 on CentOS 5 and
> everything appears to be working... except there is no CSS being applied
> to the pages. The THEME_CSS file appears to be in the /cat_root/variables
> directory and the user Interchange runs as has full access to the
> directory and file.   Any suggestions?

Is this a new installation, or an upgrade?

If it's new, with a shiny new Standard demo installation, then it should
just work.

Check that your "include/layout/*" files have a {{MAIN_CSS}} token
somewhere in the <head> block, and that your "templates/regions/*TOP"
files have a line that looks something like this:

    [output name=main_css][css name=THEME_CSS basefile=variables/THEME_CSS][output name=trash]

Also check that the various files and directories, including
"variables/THEME_CSS", are readable by the Interchange user.

If it's not a new installation, then the upgrade won't have touched your
website.  If that is the case then the problem is coincidental with the
upgrade, and you should check on what has changed on the website recently.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz