[ic] [if file] question

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Mon Aug 6 10:10:46 EDT 2007

Quoting Dan Bergan (danb at berganconsulting.com):
> On 8/6/07, Mike Heins <mike at perusion.com> wrote:
> [snip]
> > >
> > > My catalog directory is:
> > > /var/lib/interchange/catalog
> > >
> > > The actual directory is in my httpdocs directory, called "files".  So,
> > > I created a symbolic link to the "files" directory.  So, now there is
> > > a sub-directory:
> > > /var/lib/interchange/catalog/files
> > > And then I tried: [if type=file term=|files/test.txt|]found![/if]
> > >
> > > Can the [if file] follow a symbolic link?
> >
> > Yes it can, presuming your file system permissions permit that. It
> > is just a perl file test.
> >
> > Try from the shell:
> >
> >         $ touch /var/lib/interchange/catalog/test.txt
> >

> As the interchange user:
> $touch /var/lib/interchange/catalog/files/test.txt
>
> this seemed to work -- returned nothing.
>
> > Then in the page:
> >
> >   [if file test.txt]found! [else] NOT FOUND [/else] [/if]
>
> [if type=file term=|files/test.txt|]found! [else] NOT FOUND [/else] [/if]
>

> > That will tell you if your directory permissions are the problem.
>
> That returned "NOT FOUND".

You haven't mentioned OS, HTTP server, or anything else. But something
is very bizarre on your system, or your catalog directory is not where
you think it is.

It is basically up to you at this point -- this feature of IC definitely
works, so there is something missing somewhere on your system or in your
understanding. Good luck.

--
Mike Heins

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".