[ic] Unwanted session value shows in subsequent orders

Brian Hefferan brianhef at heftone.com
Mon Aug 13 13:15:12 EDT 2007

I'm setting up a customer comments/notes field in a shopping cart
based on the IC 5.4.2 foundation demo. The field does work after
adding a textarea box named "gift_notes" to finalize.html. The data
gets stored in the comments field in the transactions database and
shows up correctly in the receipts and reports.

The problem is that if the same customer starts another order before
the session expires, his/her previous order's comments show up again
in the the the new order's comments texarea tbox.

What's a good way to make sure the comment/notes field defaults to
blank for subsequent orders? I tried [calc
$Vend::Session->{'values'}{'gift_note'} = '';[/calc] in
/etc/mail_receipt and a few other places, but I haven't managed to get
the value cleared in the session file.

Thanks,
Brian Hefferan
Elderly Instruments