[ic] Froogle

Mark Johnson mark at endpoint.com
Tue Feb 6 14:33:02 EST 2007

Steve Graham wrote:
> It appears Google integration is becoming more accepted - I may have to
> research this a little further, it may even offer better incentives than
> current credit card providers. Has anyone looked into adding the Google
> API into IC?
> http://checkout.google.com/seller/integrate.html

I have developed a Google Checkout integration for one of End Point's
clients. The only part of it I needed to integrate into Interchange was
actually posting the cart over to Google (construct XML cart, POST it to
Google's servers, and then [bounce] the user to the URL passed back from
Google in the response to the cart post).

The fulfillment portion I developed as a module invoked from a simple
CGI script. Technically, you certainly could also use Interchange for
this portion and include the module into an actionmap, but we were
interested in keeping any unnecessary traffic from hitting Interchange.

The integration was highly customized to fit in with the client's data
model and any application to general use would require some refactoring.

--
Mark Johnson
End Point Corporation