[ic] Apply Changes - broken?

mail lists at gmnet.net
Wed Feb 21 16:29:29 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 17:56 +0000, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> "Music" <music at labyrinth.net.au> wrote:
> > Since upgrading to 5.4.1 apply changes no longer seems to update the usual
> > data. We have to restart interchange for variables to be updated etc. which
> > is a little nerve racking on our server which is running quite a few live
> > catalogs.
> >
> > I am wondering if this is a known issue or something specific to our
> > install?
> >
> I've not heard of a problem with "apply changes".  You can force a
> reconfig (just as "apply changes" does) like this:
>
>     bin/interchange --reconfig=foo
>
> Where "foo" is your website's name, as defined using the Catalog directive.
>
> If you have any problems then check your error.log files (both local and
> global) for trouble reports.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for this info, on an (maybe) unrelated problem, I have a few
catalogs that use the LinkPoint (Yourpay) gateway. These gateways break
with a curl connection error every time anyone hits "apply changes" on
any catalog in the entire system. Even if the catalog that hits "apply
changes" does not use any gateway at all, It breaks the LinkPoint
gateway on all other catalogs that use it.  When I get a chance, I will
test an see if your method of restarting a catalog also breaks
LinkPoint. I will let the IC list know on another thread.

Thanks
rick