[ic] Linkpoint3 and "apply changes"

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue Jan 16 18:31:03 EST 2007

On 01/16/2007 02:51 PM, maillists wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think my previous message got lost in the fog, and I also have some
> new info so i will repost if that is ok:
>
> I have Linkpoint3.pm up and running great with my IC 5.4, however, when
> I do an "apply changes" in the IC admin area of any catalog, it always
> breaks every other catalog that uses Linpoint3! (I get a "curl
> connection error" an all the sites that use it)
>
> As soon as I log in to a shell as the interch user and restart IC
> altogether, everything is fixed!
>
> Does Anybody know what is happening? And how I can fix this?

I can't help you directly because I don't use Linkpoint or curl, but I
can suggest a couple of possible workarounds for the problem.

(1) Run each site under a different instance of the IC server.

(2) Restart IC instead of apply changes when you need it.

Hopefully someone else gives a better answer than this.

Peter