[ic] apply changes --> apply changes request

Music music at labyrinth.net.au
Mon Jan 22 21:13:48 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Josh Lavin" <josh at myprivacy.ca>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: [ic] apply changes --> apply changes request

> On Jan 22, 2007, at 5:22 PM, maillists wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have had a problem with the apply changes link in the admin  area.  The
>> problem is as follows.  If someone from one catalog hits the apply
>> changes link, the Linkpoint payment gateway breaks on EVERY other
>> catalog on my entire server that uses it. The only way to fix all the
>> catalogs after that is for me to shell in as interch an restart  IC.

I also had unexpected errors when using Apply Changes with 5.4.1 though
unsure if it related to our new server.
See this thread:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2006-December/046763.html

The solution for us was to remove PreFork and Childlife settings and adjust
RPC settings to:

ifdef TRAFFIC =~ /rpc/i
Message RPC traffic settings.
#PreFork             Yes
StartServers        5
MaxServers          0
MaxRequestsPerChild 100
HouseKeeping        2
PIDcheck            120
#ChildLife 30 minutes
#ChildLife 60
endif

This solved our intermittent page rendering problem immedietly.

We do have a new problem with Apply Changes in that it does not seem to work
as it used to in previous versions - unfortunately I haven't documented the
problem yet however the result is that we now often have to Restart
Interchange for initiating changes that usually would have been updated
through Apply Changes.

Not sure why this is hapenning yet but it is a fairly major nuisance
affecting our sites uptime as restarting our catalogues can take 30 seconds
or so.