[ic] PaypalExpress.pm: improvements

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at alamerce.nl
Fri Jul 6 09:56:07 EDT 2007

Dear All,

When using Lyn's PaypalExpress.pm payment module we
encountered frequent problems connecting to PayPal.

Many errors like the one below were written to the error.log file:
500 Can't connect to api-3t.paypal.com:443 (Bad hostname 'api-3t.paypal.com')

In order to improve stability/reliability I added a retry mechanism on
every soap call made to PayPal.

The default number of retries has been set to 3, but will be
made configurable later.

Anyone who would like to test this patch is invited to contact me
and I will send the patched PaypalExpress.pm module to you.

Many thanks guys !

Best regards,

Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting