FW: [ic] Ireland (Eire) missing in country.txt

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sun Jul 29 23:12:48 EDT 2007

Quoting Gert van der Spoel (gert at 3edge.com):
> - The current country code list is based on the ISO-3166 country code list
> - The previous version might have had some codes based on the US Federal
> country code list (FIPS)

Nope. I can tell you right now that the country codes originally in IC
came from the Apache distribution as of 1996. Over the years, as more
info came in, we improved the list.

I know that I never knew the ISO number until long after the
country table was created.

--
Mike Heins

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer