[ic] Session always changes after first access

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sun Jun 24 20:02:35 EDT 2007

On 06/24/2007 04:23 PM, JT Justman wrote:
> Grant wrote:
>> I can see from my logs that a visitor's session always changes after
>> the first page is accessed.  This looks like:
>>
>> access1 - session1
>> access2 - session2
>> access3 - session2
>> access4 - session2
>
> Can you reproduce it yourself, or is it only something you see on a few
> visitors? Is it the same regardless of entry page?
>
> Also, pay close attention to the vhost the client is actually
> requesting; if the client connects on an alias domain, the catalog will
> still issue the cookie on your base domain, and the browser will refuse
> it until the user clicks a link - which points to the base domain.

I suppose that depends on how the alias works.  I have setups where the
domain is changed for an alias and it issues the cookie on the aliased
domain just fine (I just double checked).

> It may help to post a URL, and the values of CookieDomain / ServerName.

CookieDomain defaults to the websites current hostname (that it was
accessed with).  I don't recommend setting it at all unless you have a
specific reason to.

See <http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/CookieDomain.html>

This does sound like it could be a cookie problem, though.  I can't say
for sure without the URL of the site so I can look at it.

Peter