[ic] Session always changes after first access

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:06:48 EDT 2007

> I'm having a similar problem where the session changes whenever the
> first access results in a [bounce].  My redirects are done in IC in an
> autoload, and I thought that must be the problem, but I moved the
> redirects all the way to the very end of BOTTOM_TEMPLATE and the
> problem persists.  Any ideas on this one?
>
> - Grant

Is anyone able to keep the same cookie session when the first access
is a [bounce] such as:

request: domain.com
[bounce href="http://www.domain.com" status="301"]

I really don't think so.  From the behavior I've seen, the cookie is
not set until after all IC page stuff is done.  Maybe the right thing
to do is suppress the creation of a session until after the redirects
have been processed.  I think that could be done by moving the
redirects to httpd.conf, but is there any way to keep the redirects in
IC and delay the creation of a session until after the redirects have
been processed?  When is the session created exactly?

- Grant