[ic] Catalog v.s. admin: locale change

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at alamerce.nl
Tue Jun 26 05:31:20 EDT 2007

Quoting Racke:
At 09:36 PM 6/25/2007, you wrote:
>Ton Verhagen wrote:
>>Dear All,
>>With every order we save the locale under which the
>>order is placed. Doing so enables us to print the invoice
>>(and packing list) in the customer's locale.
>>Unfortunately one problem occurs:
>>In the admin it seems not possible to change the locale on the fly.
>>In other words the [setlocale] tag does not work....
>
>Unfortunately the UI has its own set of locales.
>
>>The only way getting the invoice and packing list print in the
>>corresponding locale is to login with the locale set on the login page.
>>What could we do in order to be able to print a bunch of invoices
>>in one go, all with their own locale?
>
>The code switching to the "UI" locale is contained in [mm_locale].
>You can probably figure out a way to keep the catalog locale by
>passing a scratch variable on your print page and modify the
>[mm_locale] code slightly.

Wouldn't it be better/simpler to add an option to the [mm_locale] tag?

E.g.

[mm_locale catalog=1]
         or
[mm_locale no_admin=1]

When catalog=1 (or no_admin=1) is set, the Locale repository of the
catalog is used. Also the mv_shadowpass wouldn't be set in such case.

Doing so would enable one to do the following:

[loop list="[value-extended order]"]
         [comment]
                 Loop over selected orders
         [/comment]

         ... Order info here...

         ...Order line info below...
         [l]Qty[/l]   [l]Description[/l]   [l]Price[/l]

         [query list=1 table=orderline sql="select * from orderline
where order_number = '[loop-code]' order by sku"]
                 [sql-param quantity]
                 [sql-param description]
                 [sql-param price]
         [/query]
[/loop]

And when mapping is in place for the description field, one could display the
description of the product in the proper locale as well. That would be nice ;)

Best regards,

Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting