[ic] Capture-page and Internal Server error - too many pages?

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Thu Jun 28 12:27:52 EDT 2007

http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2007-May/047512.html

> Basically, the code outputs (via three capture tags) about 430 pages.
> If I comment one capture tag out (any one, it does not matter)
> everything runs fine. If all three run, my browser returns a
> 500 error, and I get this in the apache log:
>
> [Mon Jun 25 16:28:20 2007] [error] [client 66.214.151.29]
> malformed header
> from script. Bad header=PAGE=se1/nav_frame&VIEWPAGE=se:
> /www/imagemogul.com/httpdocs/im/se1
> [Mon Jun 25 16:28:20 2007] [error] [client 66.214.151.29]
> Malformed header
> returned by Interchange:
> PAGE=se1/nav_frame&VIEWPAGE=se1/view_frame&VIEWPAGE=se1/frame_
> def&VIEWPAGE=
> se1/nav_frame&VIEWPAGE=se1/view_frame&VIEWPAGE=se1/frame_def&V
> IEWPAGE=se1/n
> av_frame&VIEWPAGE=se1/view_frame&VIEWPAGE=se1/frame_def&VIEWPA
> GE=se1/nav_fr
> ame&VIEWPAGE=se1/view_frame&VIEWPAGE=se1/frame_def&VIEWPAGE=se
> 1/nav_frame
>
> .....	[snip about 2/3 repeated]    ..........
>

> Since it does not matter which capture page I comment out, I
> suspect it is an issue with creating too many files.
> Commenting any one capture out creates 288 files, leaving
> all in creates 432 pages. All 432 pages only total 1.1MB.
>
> Even with the 500 error, all files get created fine (I
> believe). I just felt I should try to fix the 500 error
> incase things really are not fine
> somewhere.
>
> Lastly, I suppose I am using the capture tag incorrectly by trying to
> instantly produce an entire website, however is it necessary for the
> capture tags to produce output to the page? Obviously, the file=""
> parameter is *making* a file for me, but using the capture
> tag also returns the created page to my browser - so in my
> particular circumstance, I am getting a page with 432
> pages on it - doh!
>
> I am using the hide=1 paramter but does not help.

Thanks to some troubleshooting, and help on IRC, I have determined that my
500 error is an Apache issue, and not an error from the capture-page tag
itself. Trying to deliver a 1MB page, comprised of 430 pages chokes Apache.
That said, I am still not sure if the capture-page tag should be outputting
the pages to the page that contains the capture-page tag. If it didn't then
maybe the issue would clear up.

If the capture-page tag is not supposed to output it's contents to the page
that contains it, then this would be a bug.

Paul