[ic] UserDB: indirect login fails order process

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at alamerce.nl
Thu Jun 28 12:28:25 EDT 2007

Dear All,

I am encountering problems during order creation when
inderect login for the userdb is in use.

Catalog.cfg
UserDB    default    indirect_login  email
UserDB    default    assign_username 1

Shipping addres (shipping.html) -- form_profile enforces unique value
of email address like:

email=unique userdb:email Sorry, that email address is already in our db
email=email

Log in based on email address works for existing customers. So far so good...

However on the finalize/checkout page I get the following error message:

(Customer record creation): There was an error adding you to the
customer table.

This results in the following:
- Order is written to transactions and orderline
- Customer is added to userdb
- Username is NOT written to order in transactions table
- No receipt page generated
- No emails sent out

Seems userdb tag returns the wrong status when creating a new customer
when indirect_login is in place.....

Any ideas?

Many thanks !

Best regards,

Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting