[ic] Capture-page and Internal Server error - too many pages?

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Fri Jun 29 04:36:05 EDT 2007

capture_page.tag ends in the following way:

        my $pageref = Vend::Page::display_page($page,{return => 1});
        Vend::Interpolate::substitute_image($pageref);

        my $retval = Vend::File::writefile (">$file", $pageref,
        {auto_create_dir => $opt->{auto_create_dir},
                umask => $opt->{umask}});
        return $opt->{hide} ? '' : $retval;

The line:
        Vend::Interpolate::substitute_image($pageref);

Returns data to the tag,  and the line
	  return $opt->{hide} ? '' : $retval;

returns the return value from the writefile action to the browser unless
hide=1  ...

I think that the data from
Vend::Interpolate::substitute_image($pageref);   hangs about and is sent the
browser aswell.

So we have 2 things we want to yes / no return to the browser:
1- the captured page data
2- if the writing of the file has succeeded  ...

The 2) is controllable currently, the 1) is not which creates some odd
behavior.

CU,

Gert