[ic] ncheck_category, AllowGlobal, response

JT Justman jt at signless.com
Sat Jun 30 22:18:55 EDT 2007

Just installed a 'standard' cat for the first time in a couple of years.
I enabled AllowGlobal for the cat, and configuration fails with:

Bad Sub 'ncheck_category': Global symbol "$o" requires explicit package
name at (eval 447) line 16, <CONFIG> line 524.

The line in question being:

if (($o = $Search->{''}) && @{$o->{mv_results}})

I suppose AllowGlobal changes the way this code is eval'ed, yes? I don't
see a neat way to keep this as a one-liner.

Now I understand AllowGlobal is not encouraged. I have actionmaps which
use ::response($output) to deliver non-HTML content, which seems to want
AllowGlobal. Is there a preferred alternative for this type of thing?

Thanks,

JT

--
Web:    http://www.signless.com