[ic] Sorting the cart

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Fri Mar 2 18:46:52 EST 2007

Josh Lavin <josh at myprivacy.ca> wrote:
> Is it possible to sort the cart? My client would like their copy of
> the receipt to have the items sorted alphabetically, to speed up
> fulfillment.
>
> All I could find was the [sort] tag in some old docs. Is there a
> better way to do it?

You can use [sort] if you like, and that's probably a good way to
do it.  I still haven't documented the [sort] pseudo-tag on RTFM, so
I should add it to the todo list.

Another way would be to create a UserTag, or an in-page [calcn] block,
to sort the @$Items array before you display it.

To speed up fulfilment, you probably want to sort by bin location,
rather than alphabetically, so that the picker can collect list items
in walk order.  The items might be arranged in alphabetical order in
the warehouse, but that'd be unusual.  Well, I suppose it all depends
upon whether we are talking about a warehouse or a stock room here. :-)

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz