[ic] High traffic / High load IC

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Fri Mar 9 17:50:13 EST 2007

I'm lookign to pick the brains of someone who has had experience running
IC in high traffic / high load.

my client is upgrading to two new servers, one for the DB and one for IC
itself, and we have the choice of the following:

dual quad core XEON 2.33ghz

or

dual dual core XEON 3.00ghz

So the question is, does IC run better with 8 lower speed (2.33) cores,
or 4 higher speed (3.0) cores?  Anyone can testify that has experience
with that?

DB speed is not a factor because it will be running on a seperate
server.  Also it's a postgresql db which scales well to more cores.

Thanks, Peter