[ic] Pragma no_white working?

Davor Ocelic docelic at hcoop.net
Sun Mar 11 14:09:30 EST 2007

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 11:50:04AM -0700, Grant wrote:
> Hello, could anyone using a recent version of IC tell me if Pragma
> no_white is working to eliminate all white space from delivered HTML?
> A no_white filter is documented, but a Pragma was mentioned on this
> list a while back.

I remember that post. It was a mistake on part of the author,
there's no no_white pragma, he meant filter.

The only pragma partly related to your question is strip_white

http://icdevgroup.org/xmldocs/pragmas.html#strip_white

One other thing you could do is put all pages through HTMLTidy
or indent to fix/reformat them before sending to user. This
functionality (passing data through external program) is not working
since a few years ago (and obviously noone was using it), but the fix is
on my todo list.

-doc